For Local Stockport Locksmiths
- All Lock Makes Opened, Repaired or Replaced
- Upvc, Wood and Metal Door Locks
- Upvc Locks Specialist
- Locks Upgraded
- Burglary Lock changes/ Stolen Keys
- Insurance Work
- Outside Coded Keysafes for Home Help visits
- Commercial and Domestic Safes Supplied and Serviced in Stockport
We are fully insured locksmiths in the Stockport area, and all our work is guaranteed. Wilmslow’s Cusworth Master Locksmiths are also fully vetted by the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and are company members of Master Locksmiths Association and Trading Standards Registered for your peace of mind.
Our mobile van is equipped with a wide range of locks, from 5 lever British Standard 3621 mortice locks, garage door locks, multipoint locks for PVC doors, padlocks, cylinders to key safe and door handles.
Lock brand names stocked include Adams Rite, Asec, Cardale, Chubb, Codelock, Era, Garador, Henderson, Iseo, L & F, Legge, Mila, Multilock, Squire, Unican, Union, Viro, Willenhall, Yale and Zone.
Why Choose Us
- Professional and truly local- not a call centre
- No call out charge
- OAP and Students discount
- Fixed price quotes- no hidden extras
- Fully Vetted and CRB checked locksmiths in Stockport
- Members of the Master Locksmiths Association
- Trading Standards Buy With Confidence registered
Wilmslow – Alderley Edge – Handforth – Heaton Norris – Burnage – Gatley – Cheadle Hulme – Offerton- Disley- Bruntwood – Great Moor – Marple – Shaw Heath - Romiley – Heaton Mersey – Reddish – Hyde – Lacy Green – Dean Row – Summerfields – Colshaw – Portwood- – Styal – Stanleylands – Lindow – Mobberley – Morley Green – Warford -Chelford – Ringway – Mottram st Andrew – Prestbury – Poynton – Woodford – Bramhall – Heald Green – Bramhall– Gatley – Cheadle – Great Moor – Hazel Grove – High Lane – pot Shrigley – Whaley Bridge – Bollington – SK1 – SK2 – SK3 – SK5 – SK6 -SK7 – SK8 – SK9 – SK10 – SK11 – Sk12
For more information regarding Cusworth Master Locksmiths in Bramhall Stockport and Wilmslow, please call today using the details displayed on this website or email us
If you’re looking for a low cost Emergency Locksmith Service in Stockport - you have come to the right place!
Cusworth Master Locksmith Stockport Locksmiths are a 24hr Emergency Locksmith firm based in Stockport SK area providing a first class Emergency Locksmith service to Stockport and all the surrounding areas of Stockport. As an experienced licensed Master locksmith company we pride ourselves on giving a fast, efficient, and value emergency service at prices which won’t be beaten on performance. Cusworth Locksmiths only employ Locksmiths qualified by the Master Locksmiths Association who will have your property secure as fast as possible. Whilst using top of the range products like Chubb, Yale and Era we still manage to keep our prices low. Cusworth Stockport Locksmiths always try to give an accurate quotation over the phone, and we do not charge a call out fee unlike many Locksmiths firms in and around the Stockport area. Cusworth Master Locksmiths Locksmiths are an independently owned Locksmiths firm in Stockport. We guarantee all our locksmith work and will provide the same fast efficient Locksmith service on return jobs as we do when somebody is locked out of the home or business in Stockport. You can always be sure that you are going to receive a first class Cusworth Locksmiths fast & efficient response. Cusworth Stockport Locksmiths have been providing a professional Locksmith service in and around Stockport since 2007 and all of our Locksmiths are experienced Locksmiths who work off their own initiative always aiming to keep the cost down and the service up. Cusworth Master Locksmiths Emergency Locksmith Service in and around Stockport. So always remember when you’re looking for a Emergency – Call Cusworth Master Locksmiths 0161 669 4597 or 07792 517113.
Cusworth Master Locksmiths Stockport have been providing a first class Locksmith Service to Stockport for over 6 years now with 20 years as a working locksmith. Stockport Locksmiths not only provide a full Locksmith Service in Stockport we also cover all areas including Altrincham, Didsbury, Heaton Moor, Sale, Gatley, Hazel Grove Heald Green, Cheadle Hulme, Cheadle, Bramhall, Poynton & Wilmslow
Districts of Stockport
The district of Cheadle is located in the south-west of the Metropolitan Borough of Stockport, about 3 miles from Stockport town centre and 1.5 miles from the City of Manchester boundary. It is one of the oldest place names within the area and existed before the 7th century.
Cheadle is really 2 words combined – originally in Celtic “Ced” (pronounced “ched”) meaning “wood” – the “Legh” part (also meaning “wood”) is an Old English term that was added later in explanation – technically the town therefore means “wood wood”. By the time of Domesday in 1086 it was known as “Cedde” and by c1165 it had become known as “Chedle“.
The 11th century Cheadle Cross identifies the old parish centre in late Anglo-Saxon times. It is thought that Cheadle lies at the junction of two Roman Roads; the road to the Roman fort of Melandra is believed to have run to the west of Cheadle and that another ran south-east.
Originally Cheadle was a predominantly rural community, but it saw considerable growth and expansion towards the end of the 19th Century. Increasing urbanisation saw the development of new turnpike roads (or metalled toll roads), railways, trams and omnibuses. Cheadle village centre is a traditional English town, with a distinctive village “feel” about it, despite the A560 trunk road running through its centre. It is an attractive place to shop, with the reassuringly picturesque St Mary’s Church and the village green to offer a place of rest for the traveller and shopper alike.
Cheadle Hulme is located in the South-west of the Borough of Stockport about 3 miles equidistant from Stockport town centre and the boundary with Manchester. Cheadle Hulme developed from the merging of a number of separate villages and hamlets – Lane End, Smithy Green, Gill Bent, Grove Lane and Hulme Hall. Cheadle Hulme was once part of the manor of Cheadle (Cedde) until around 1326.
The district was still known as Cheadle Moseley until the 20th century. The word “Hulme” is derived from an old Danish word “hulm” meaning “water meadow” or an “island in the fen”, therefore the whole place name might be reasonably defined as meaning “a water meadow belonging to the town of Cheadle”.
Alternatively, the name “Cheadle” may have been derived from the name of the Anglo-Saxon Saint Chad. The 1930s saw a considerable swelling of the local population, (an increase of around 40%), with an influx of new residents moving out of neighbouring Manchester. Today it is a well sought after dormitory district for the people of Manchester and Stockport.
Cheadle Hulme Village Website is at: www.cheadlehulme.net.
The district of Bramhall lies to the south of the Borough of Stockport, about 4 miles from the boundary with Manchester and from Stockport town centre. Bramhall has a long and celebrated history, with evidence that there had been an Ancient British settlement in the area and that part of an old Roman Road followed the line of Lumb Lane, in all probability part of the road the fort in Manchester to that in Buxton in Derbyshire. Entered in the Domesday Book in 1086 as “Bramale” from the Old English meaning “nook or place where the broom tree grows”. This Civil Parish was originally in Cheshire in Stockport Ecclesiastical Parish and in the Stockport Poor Law Union. In 1900 it became part of Hazel Grove and Bramhall Urban District, and in 1974 became part of Stockport Metropolitan Borough.
Before the railways came in the 1840′s, the district was little more than a hamlet at Bramhall Green, and a small group of cottages. During this time, the principle industry was silk weaving. Bramhall village was built up around the junction of three roads – Bramhall Lane South, Ack Lane and Woodford Road. Bramhall has an attractive town centre a wide diversity of building styles, from Tudor-style buildings to Georgian and more modern styles.
Bramall Hall is an old Tudor manor house, and well worth visiting; it is said to be one of best preserved black and white timber buildings in Cheshire. Its oldest parts date from the 14th century, though the estate itself dates back to around 1070 AD when William the Conqueror subdued the north-west region; dividing the land amongst his loyal followers, the manor of “Bramale” were given to Hamo de Masci (“Massey” – he became the first baron of Dunham Massey). In earlier Saxon times, (before the Conquest), the estate formed part of the much bigger two neighbouring manors of Brun and Hacun.
In the 12th century the manor passed to the Bromale family, and stayed with them for 200 years until, through marriage, it passed to Davenports, who resided at Bramall for 500 years. Only in recent times has it come into the possession of Stockport.
Also See Bramhall Hall
Marple village is situated in the east of the Borough of Stockport, approximately 5 miles from Stockport Town Centre. Marple township was originally in Cheshire. Its picturesque surroundings make it one of the most attractive villages in the Borough and well worth a visit. Distinctive features are the Peak Forest Canal, the beautiful Goyt Valley, overlooked by the Peak District National Park. Known as “Merpille” by the early 13th century, there are at least two possible explanations of the placename. One explanation is based on the two Old English words “maere” and “pyll“, together meaning “a pool or stream near the boundary”. Alternatively, Marple, or “Merpel” as it was written when the name first appeared on the pages of history, is believed to be derived from either “maere hop hyll”meaning “the hill at the boundary valley”.
In early times it was an agricultural region with some d small-scale manufacturing of woollen cloth. It was local entrepreneur, Samuel Oldknow of Mellor, who introduced mechanised and industrialised production methods that transformed the district. Oldknow established the first Mill by the River Goyt, sank coal mines, built houses for his workers, constructed new roads and was instrumental in the creation of the Peak Forest and Macclesfield Canals that meet at Marple Junction. From the 1930′s onwards there was a national decline in the cotton industry and Marple ceased its textile production. Today, Marple is a much sought-after location for living, and its canal connections, especially the Marple flight of 16 locks, attract many visitors to watch boaters or to walk the attractive and historic towpaths.
The district of Edgeley is located centrally within the borough, and about 8 miles from Manchester city centre to the north-west. Once in the Cheadle township, the name probably comes from the Old English meaning “on the edge of a hill” which aptly describes this location. Edgeley, or “Eddyshelegh”, as it was known in older times, can be traced back to the early part of the 13th century. Castle Street, once the main arterial thoroughfare, is now completely pedestrianised. Edgeley is also home to Stockport County Football Club, (The Hatters), who have their ground in the district.
SCFC, Edgeley Park, Hardcastle Road, Edgeley, Stockport, Cheshire SK3 9DD. Tel : 0161-286-8888.
Their website is at: http://www.stockportcounty.com.
Reddish is located about 1½ miles north of Stockport town centre just outside the Manchester boundary. A once thriving industrial centre with Houldsworth and Albion Mills dominating its landscape and workforce. Houldsworth Square is still the focal centre point of Reddish. Known by 1212 as “Rediche” from Old English words meaning “reed or reedy ditch”, this township or Civil Parish was at one time in Lancashire.
Apart from its industrial heritage, the Reddish Heritage Trail offers fine opportunities for rural walks, as does the local Reddish Vale Country Park, which is a place to observe wildlife and for fishing. The Vale’s beautiful surroundings are popular with picnickers and walkers on the Trans-Pennine Trail that runs through the Park on its route across Stockport. Houldsworth Mill has recently been converted into commercial units for business enterprises, as well as gymnasium and modern apartments. The Albion Mill looks down on Stockport and the River Mersey from the top of Lancashire Hill – it still operates as a working flour mill as it has done for many years.
Hazel Grove is located towards the south-east of Stockport Borough a convenient 2.5 miles from Stockport town centre. Hazel Grove was known in 1690 as “Hesslegrove” and meaning, literally, “a hazel grove”, due to the proliferation of those hazel trees in the locality. Locality in Bosden, Bramhall, Norbury, Offerton, Torkington and Stockport townships, formerly known as “Bullock Smithy”, (a once famous resting place on the coaching run from Manchester to Buxton), until 1836, when the name “Hazel Grove” was revived.
Hazel Grove nowadays has a very large shopping centre along the the A6 trunk road corridor running southwards out of the borough. Local Torkington Park offers a peaceful and attractive location for a day trips out, and its remote location makes Hazel Grove a virtual gateway to the Peak District, to Disley, Buxton and Lyme Park. Its extensive range of fine restaurants and specialist shops make Hazel Grove a popular shopping venue as well as for fine dining nights out.
The district of Romiley lies in the north-east of the Borough of Stockport on the edge of the Peak District, and located about 4 miles from Stockport town centre.
Romiley has a long history – The Domesday Survey of 1086 called the place “Rumelie” (roomy lea) meaning “a spacious woodland clearing”. This Parish was once in Cheshire, in Stockport Ecclesiastical Parish and in the Stockport Poor Law Union.
It was in the first years of the 19th century that Romiley developed in its present day form, due in large part to the completion of the Peak Forest Canal and the resultant improved transport infrastructure and increase in industrial opportunities which came with it. Oakwood Mill, for example, was built by the side of the canal in the mid-1830′s and became a major local employer. Further residential and industrial development took place after the completion of the railway in 1863, and the local railway station still makes it possible for commuters to work in Manchester and Stockport and to travel back to Romily by train.
The Church Lane Conservation Area is located in the centre of Romily close to the magnificent St Chads Church. Romiley Forum is a major entertainment venue in the centre of the village which offers an ongoing and changing programme of drama, dance, music and comedy events and shows.